Categories

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Arrow Episode 4: An Innocent Man Review






Hey everyone! I'm Ryan Howitzer and you're in the line of fire! As of episode 4, I still have very few complaints about Arrow. It's a well-written show with great action and it's bringing an underrated character of the DCU into the spotlight. That being said, a few of the characters are starting to get on my nerves. Laurel is at the top of that list. She is extremely self-righteous and it bugs me...a lot. Black Canary isn't a self-righteous character in the comics, so why are they making her one here. Next on my list is Detective Lance. Paul Blackthorne shamed himself for me with his Harry Dresden impersonation (Does nobody at SyFy know what a duster is?) and he's not making up any ground. I'm sure he's a great guy, but Detective Lance is worse than Henry Spencer on the first two seasons of Psych. Walter finally lost his status of annoying in this episode. Ollie and Dig are still awesome characters. Dig's sister-in-law becomes more prominent as well. Felicity Smoak continues to charm me. She's just so bubbly and adorable. She's cute as heck too. We also had a new security guard for Ollie. He was a funny character. All in all, the story was pretty good. It was your classic hero exonerates innocent man and busts the real bad guys story with an Arrow twist. We also see Ollie's flashbacks to his first kill on the island. The ending with Dig was awesome, although I really hope that Dig is just Dig. If Dig becomes Arsenal/Red Arrow, I might scream. That role is for Roy Harper and Roy Harper only. We also saw John Barrowman for the first time (pictured below)!!!!
John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness
 For those of you unfamiliar with awesome British TV, John Barrowman plays Captain Jack Harkness on Doctor Who and Torchwood. He's also a personal hero of mine who signed my shirt at a con. Unfortunately though, Barrowman does not appear to be playing Bruce Wayne and does appear to be a villain. This was a great episode though. Arrow continues to impress. I really can't wait to see how Ollie gets out of murder charges. Also, next week we see Deathstroke make his first appearance. Look for my preview to my comic reviews this weekend. Young Justice and Avengers are both on hiatus right now, so I'll get to work on my Arkham City review as well. Until next time, this is Howitzer signing out. Keep your head down because you're in the line of fire.      

No comments:

Post a Comment