Categories

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ben Affleck is the new Batman!

Ben Affleck
Hello all! I'm Ryan Howitzer and you're in The Line of Fire! Well, as you all know by now, Oscar winner Ben Affleck is now Batman! Even though he's been in some less than stellar movies and his last outing in a super hero movie was in one of the worst super hero movies ever, Affleck is a great actor and a great director. At 41, he's the right age for the Batman that Warner Bros. was shooting for. He's also an impressive 6' 4", handsome and well-built. It seems like we have the best we could possibly hope for with Affleck as Batman. What do I expect from him though? Well, as usual, I have a list. 

1. A Batman more on par with the comics. 
Affleck as Daredevil

Affleck has played comic-related roles before. He of course played the role of Daredevil in the ill-fated and awful Daredevil film, but he also played a comic book artist and writer in the Kevin Smith film Chasing Amy. Affleck is also a really good friend of Kevin Smith. He seems to be a fan of comics, so I expect him to give us a more traditional Batman. Hopefully we'll get a better Batman with less gravel in his voice. That's all I'm asking for. His Daredevil was honestly the best part of the movie. I know he can give us a great performance.

2. Have Affleck helm the Batman franchise
Poster from The Town

I want to see Ben Affleck direct a super hero movie. Once they decide to start making Batman solo movies, he should be given the directors chair. He's a very competent director and I'd love to see his take on Batman from both sides of the camera. I bet he'd make a great Batman film. Look at his resume as a director. He's got Argo (3 Oscar wins), The Town (1 Oscar nomination), Gone Baby Gone (1 Oscar nomination). This guy can flat out direct! Give him the Batman franchise as an actor and director.

All in all, I expect great things from Affleck. His casting really came out of nowhere. I was expecting Scott Adkins or Josh Brolin to be cast. However, I'm really happy that Affleck is our new Batman. Until next time, this is Ryan Howitzer reminding you to keep your head down because you're in The Line of Fire!         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment